To review the Bookstore Policies, click on this link:
How do I make a purchase online?
- Select the items you wish to purchase by clicking on the “add to cart” button
Click on the “checkout” button.
- Enter your personal information (name, address, credit card information, etc.)
- Select type of shipping, ( UPS or Pickup at the Bookstore*).
*Pickup at the Bookstore orders will be held at the Bookstore for the customer. These orders will not be shipping to the address you provide.
Completing the process
- You will be given an order confirmation (not a receipt) that your order has been acknowledged.
- Please take note of the order number provided in your confirmation.
- Your credit card will be charged when the order is processed at the bookstore.
- Taxes are based on the sales tax amount for the province in which you place your order. International and US orders are not charged sales tax.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your online order. Please have your order number ready when you call.
Returns & Exchanges
What products can I return?
- Defective, damaged, or incorrect merchandise within 7 (seven) business days of receipt
- Defective or damaged merchandise that has been signed for from the courier must be returned within 7 (seven) business days of receipt so that we may offer a replacement.
- Any undamaged products purchased online within 30 (thirty) days of purchase
How do I send back a return?
- All returns must be sent via UPS, so proof of shipment and delivery can be obtained by both parties.
- Parcels that are sent through regular mail cannot be traced and if lost, are the sole responsibility of the sender.
- For defective, damaged or incorrect merchandise – Please check the condition of all packages for damages. If significant parcel damage is found, please sign the waybill “damaged” and refuse delivery of the package. The courier will then return the order to the bookstore at no charge to you.
Do you cover the cost of sending back a product?
- We do not cover the cost to return all products back to the Saint Mary’s University Bookstore.
- We do cover the cost to return defective, damaged or incorrect merchandise. Please see “How do I send you a product for a return?”
How do I send you a product for a return?
- Please check the condition of all packages for damages. If significant parcel damage is found, please sign the waybill “damaged” and refuse delivery of the package. The courier will then return the order to the bookstore at no charge to you.
- Return shipping charges for defective, damaged, or incorrect order merchandise will be refunded to the customer only if an original copy of the receipt for return shipping costs is included.
- All refunds must be processed to the credit card used for the purchase.
All other return types
- All items purchased via our website may be returned within 30 (thirty) days of purchase.
- Merchandise must be in new / unused condition and with the original sales receipt and packaging.
- All refunds will be processed to the credit card used for the purchase. Please do not return shipping Cash on Delivery, as it will be refused.
- Unacceptable returns such as those in poor condition, without store receipt(s), opened shrink-wrapped / packaged items, partial returns, returns beyond the stated timelines, or other non-returnable / non-refundable items will not be refunded and may be shipped back to the purchaser at their expense.
All returns must be sent via UPS so proof of shipment and delivery can be obtained by both parties. Parcels that are sent through regular mail cannot be traced and if lost, are the sole responsibility of the sender.
- Ensure items are returned in their original packaging and within specified timeframes, along with the order confirmation.
- Include receipt for return shipping charges (damaged, defective, incorrect orders only).
- Please reference your Online Order Number on the outside of the package (as indicated in the returns address below).
Saint Mary’s University Bookstore
Shipping & Receiving Dept.
Re: Online Order Return #xxxxxxxx (where xxxxxxxx = your order number)
923 Robie Street
Halifax, NS B3H 3C3
Shipping & Receiving
Bookstore Shipping Explained:
The Saint Mary’s University Bookstore will take orders and ship anywhere in the world. Shipping rates are defined by many different variables such as:
- Cubic weight
- Merchandise type
- Shipping options (early delivery, Saturday service, etc.)
- Service type (such as regular, priority, overnight services).
The Saint Mary’s University Bookstore’s shipping rates are in tandem with the most current rates posted by trusted and competitive carriers. In fact, many times our rates are significantly less than over-the-counter services offered by carriers! This discount is due to our large volume and we pass the savings along to you.